Only people who previously have taken part in the INTERVAL and COMPARE studies will be invited; this is because we have already collected some essential data from INTERVAL and COMPARE participants (e.g. blood sample measurements, genetic results, lifestyle factors etc.) which may be important in determining S. aureus carriage.
Invitation to the CARRIAGE study will be by email.
You are eligible to take part if you:
- Have an email address and internet access for study participation
- Reside in mainland England
- Have a good understanding of the English language, both written and oral (as study materials are not tailored to support non-English language speakers).
You are not eligible to take part if you:
- Have any abnormalities or on-going medical conditions that affect the nose (e.g. recurrent nosebleeds, nasal polyps, rhinitis, etc.)
- Have undergone nasal surgery in the last year
- Have had a broken nose in the last year
- Are not going to available to take part in the study during the next two months.